Merriam Webster, defines love as:
- a feeling of strong or constant affection for a person,
- attraction that includes sexual desire, the strong affection felt by people who have a romantic relationship,
- or a person you love in a romantic way,
- and in love as, inspired by affection.
However, the definition of this word has become so distorted by those who use it and abuse others in both physically and mental ways.
People tell each other (their children, spouses, parents, boy/girlfriends or partners) they love them, yet they:
- Steal money, spouses, boy/girlfriends or partners
- Abuse them mentally and/or physically by killing their spirits, hopes and dreams.
I have heard and this saying may be true, that which you value most is that which you will feed the most:
- love me…spend quality time with me.
- love me…don’t abuse me.
- love me…don’t use me.
Love is not conditional and it does not come with strings.
Love is an investments that will always yield the biggest return; however, the downside of this is investing your love in the wrong person can bring you nothing but losses and never gains.